Dr. Chestnut has worked with children, adolescents, young adults and adults for over 20 years. Her experience includes teaching, training, counseling, speaker, group facilitator, supervisor and manager in human service organizations.
Dr. Chestnut has extended experience in program development at human services organizations. She developed a teen-age parenting program; life-skills program for homeless families, which includes a city-wide research project and the outcome of the study changed City policy for shelters housing families; childcare programming, programming for therapeutic communities; and family therapy programs. Her experience includes speaking through mainstream media such as radio, conferences and community organizations on varying topics impacting the total well being of people.
- Ph.D. in Couples and Family Therapy, Drexel University Department of Health and Sciences
- Approved Supervisor Certification – Council for Relationships of Thomas Jefferson University, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine and Family Studies, Supervisor Training Track
- Post Graduate Marriage and Family Therapy Certification – Penn Council for Relationships, The University of Pennsylvania Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine and Family Studies. Specialty in Couple, Family and Sex Therapy
- Family Therapy Training – Philadelphia Child Guidance Center Play Therapy Training – The Family Play Therapy Center of Philadelphia
- Master in Human Services – Lincoln University Human Services Program.
- Critical Incident Stress Management Certification – International Critical Incident Stress Foundation
All services are by appointment only.
Weekday PM Hours Only In Philadelphia, PA – Appt only
Weekday PM & Saturday Hours Only in Delaware – Appt only